A Little About Me and Other Bloggers To MeetPosted: March 12, 2014
Today, Sarah at Life in the Orchard nominated me for the Liebster Award. Actually, I’d never heard of it before (but I do live in a cave), but from what I can tell, it’s a fun little way to get to know bloggers and spread the word about other blogs out there just waiting for readers to discover.
The first part of the Liebster Award–the questions. These are my questions to answer from Life in the Orchard…
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? Yikes, I gotta say, I hate questions like this. Um…probably my skills in the kitchen. I have to sheepishly admit there are times when we sit down to a meal and I am quite pleased with myself.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? It’s gotta be the food, right? No–I’m kidding. Can I be cheesy and say my family? Not that I can take all the credit for them. That would be God’s doing much more than mine.
- If you could do anything for a living and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do? Oh, the hubby and I go through this scenario just about every time we drive home from a weekend in the mountains. We’d run a little coffee shop/café/backpacking supply shop. Which really means we’d sip coffee all day and chat with the locals while gazing at the scenic views.
- What in life is holding you back from living your dreams? I feel like I already have so much of what I always dreamed of. But there’s always something, right? So I’d have to say know-how and cash flow. Sometimes I just don’t know where to start. Sometimes (most always) the dreams outpace the bank account.
- If you could take the vacation of a lifetime where would you go and why? Maybe I should be dreaming a little bigger here, but I REALLY want to travel the country, on the back roads, and see all the amazing landmarks. Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore. And then I want to spend a month in Alaska.
- Where is the best place you have traveled? Yikes…I haven’t traveled much. I’d say our family vacation to Hilton Head a few years ago. We spent just about all our time at the beach, but it was pure relaxing peaceful bliss.
- What inspires you to blog? Maybe it’s the near constant monologue going on in my head. Kidding…sort of. For me, it’s a way to be an encouragement. And to remind myself of what’s really important.
- When you first started your blog what was the purpose of creating it? The tag line for Redeeming the Home is “making the most of what’s most important.” It just seemed to me that so many families were running in circles, supposedly for the family’s good, but they were so disconnected from each other. Frenzied. Stressed. Weary. I wanted to fight against it and maybe help others fight against it too.
- How has blogging enhanced your life? It’s given me an outlet (for all that stuff in my head). It’s been a pleasant distraction sometimes. I’ve been able to work with a great team of other bloggers at Modern Alternative Mama.
- If you won a million bucks what would you do with it? Ooo! That’s another one we talk about. You know, what would you do if you won the lottery you never play? We’d pay off debt and our family’s debts. Then we’d buy a heck of a lot of land up in the mountains of West Virginia, put our cabin smack dab in the middle of the middle of nowhere and homestead. (It’s not that we’re anti-social, really.)
One pleasant surprise as I’ve waded into the world of blogging has been all the other bloggers I’ve been able to connect with. I’ve learned so much from them all and appreciated their encouragement (and patience answering all my clueless tech questions).
So the next part of this Leibster thing is introducing you to some other little known bloggers. Click on their names and hopefully you’ll find their answers to my questions, listed below. (I may or may not be completely unoriginal and use some of the ones I answered.)
Here’s some bloggers to check out…
These are their questions…
- Why do you blog?
- If you could turn any hobby into a full time career, what would it be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What horrible, fake food do you secretly love?
- Greatest achievement?
- If money were no object, what would you go out and buy tomorrow?
- If you had to pick another time period to be born in, what would it be?
- Your absolute best quality?
- If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
- The best thing about your life right now?
If you’re one of the bloggers listed, here are the rules…
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. 2. Show off your award on your blog (in a post, widget, etc.). 3. Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. 4. Create 10 questions of your own. (Don’t worry, you can reuse some if you want). 5. Nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers (I fudged on this one) and notify them of their nomination. 6. And of course, tell them about it and provide a link back to your website so that they can know more about the award!